Saturday, March 2, 2013

A Word Through a Song

It's been a long day.  Class all day, which is exhausting even though I am just sitting there.  My head spins with all the talk of evidence-based practice and sample size and sample power and odds ratios. 

Jenna and I have enjoyed conversation and laughter but for several minutes we are quiet as the snow drifts down.  Nothing on the road, and we are thankful it is snow and not rain.  It gets dark soon and the miles between Bowling Green and Somerset seem to last... and last.

A stop in London to stretch our legs, then back to the road and we find ourselves laughing so hard that I almost lose my breath.  And the snow comes down...

And down...

The roads stay pretty clear until I hit the Perry County line, and I'm by myself.  Worry starts to creep in and I find myself holding my breath.  I turn up KLove, loud, knowing that the roads really aren't THAT bad, that I'm just being a big chicken. 

And I drive and think about the lesson about Daniel and the 3 Hebrew boys, how Daniel had been their stronghold, their leader, and then they find themselves standing in front of the fire with no leader to be found.  How they had to choose to step up to the plate and stand up for God or bow down to fear and that golden statue.

And the music plays on and I sing along... Live Like That and You Are More and I Need You.

And I think of how I've depended on others and I'm never really the strong one, and drive towards Shoulderblade Hill.  Mom says it is clear, and I'm thinking of how as I read that lesson on Daniel I thought to myself how this is my chance, it's time for me to be strong and brave even when I really don't want to.

And as I start up the hill, Jeremy Camp is singing, "Help me to win my endless fears You've been so faithful for all my years With one breath You make me new Your grace covers all I do... Well You've spoken, pouring Your words of grace."

His grace covers.  His grace smothers the fear and breathes new life into me.  He's spoken... He's said it.  His grace is sufficient.  Thank You, Lord, for safe trips home and Words spoken through song and big bear hugs when I come through the door... You are too good.


No comments:

Post a Comment