Monday, February 25, 2013

Time in His Hands

It's Monday.  I'm tired already.  I left my to do list at home, so all those plans went out the door. I worked through what I could remember, and crossed my fingers that what I had left off wasn't really that important for today.  I cleaned out my email, scheduled some CPR classes, figured out an advising schedule.  Posted a study guide and practice problems for ABGs.  Worked on a test.  Submitted my epi homework. Overall, a pretty productive day for a recovering to do list addict doing without her to do list.

All mundane tasks.  As I'm typing this, I'm reminded of two things.

I am mundane.  God is not.  I am ordinary.  God is not.  He can do big things in the ordinary. 

This morning, I read in Job 38.  By this time, Job's been through a lot. He's lost his family, his wealth.  He's been stricken with boils.  His wife has told him to curse God.  His friends have started blaming him.  And then there's God.

God, who took down the hedge protecting Job so he could prove his faithfulness.  God starts talking about creation, and basically asks Job, "Where were you?  What were you doing? Did you know this?"  He talks about storehouses of snow and placing the stars in the sky and hurling lightning.  His descriptions are thought-provoking, leaving me thinking about how very small I am.

But He still sees me.  He still knows my needs, and He still cares.  Psalm 31:14-15 says " I will trust in you, God.  You are my God.  You hold my times in Your hands."

The same Hands that slung the stars out and created the waves and hurl lightning... they hold my time.

That means that even my mundane is important...and so is yours. Even if your time is spent trying to remember what you put on your to do list.  Even if that time is a Monday... maybe especially on Mondays.  =)

No comments:

Post a Comment