Sunday, February 10, 2013

Be Anxious for Nothing...

Caleb gets nervous on Sunday evenings. I agree with him that the weekends are never long enough, but he worries.  I'm not really sure why, because he has great friends and teachers and his dad is right there with him, but worry he does.  I think he may get it from his Mama, who tends to borrow trouble. 

Tonight I was talking to him about God, and how he tells us not to be afraid.  He memorized the verse from 1 Timothy about God not giving us a spirit of fear when he was in first grade. We used to quote it walking into school every morning.  Tonight, though, I told him about Philippians 4:6, one I need to hear myself, a lot.

Be anxious for nothing... Don't worry.

Instead (meaning when you want to worry, you do this...), Pray for everything. (Everything.  Nothing is too big. Nothing is too small.)

Ask God for what you need, and thank Him for what He has done. 

Caleb took me literally. He looked up at me and said, "God, what I need is a snow day." I'm betting God won't give him a snow day, but I'm also betting God will be with him at school tomorrow.  Cause His grace is sufficient, and He knows what we need... even when we don't. 

Guess it never hurts to ask, though, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment