Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Lullaby

It's 1130 and I should be asleep... or at least have the lights off and my computer turned off.  It's been one of those busy days, though, and I'm committed to doing the best I can to post every day, so even though I have nothing to say, here goes.

Wallace has Pearl Jam on and is singing to me... or maybe not to me.  At least I hope not, because most of Pearl Jam's songs are tragedies.  If you don't listen, though, you don't realize it.  Like Better Man.  When Wallace and I had only bee dating for a little while when he decided that would be a romantic song to sing.  He really meant it, too.... he thought the song meant that she couldn't find a better man.  I argued that it really wasn't a love song.  It's been an ongoing argument ever since, until last week, when Wallace started looking at old videos. 

And she was going to leave him...and the guy was abusive... and it didn't end well.

So, you can't always go by perception.

But I hope he'll keep on singing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment