Monday, February 18, 2013

My Monday Musings on Thankfulness

How do you say thank you to a God as big and grand as ours?  This is the thought as I am reading about the work of the cross, the absolution of sin and the reconciliation of us with God through Christ Jesus.

This grace thing is a beautiful thing.  So is thankfulness.

And I ponder about love and laughter and life, as the sun shines bright through my window and the windchimes on my front porch sing His glory.

Blessings too many to count, yet as my pen begins to scratch my paper, I think back over the week.  Thankful for shadows: the shadow of my hand jotting down notes as I read Numbers, the shadow of the sun through the cloud during an impromptu snow storm, as the white flakes pour down suddenly, that one little peak of sun through the clouds. The shadow of Caleb sitting next to me, growing, growing, growing... Safe Haven and butter popcorn and good friends.  A glimpse in my rearview mirror to see one of my favorite girls walking by, and hearing my car door open so she'll slide in the passenger seat, 10 minutes to catch up briefly on a couple of weeks at college, and thinking of how a person can change, can blossom, can become even more beautiful in a matter of days.  Gifts in giving and serving: my 8 kiddos at children's church, talking about wishing they could go in the Minecraft game because you can make it anyway you want, or the beach, or someplace with 4 G, or Heaven... because it is heaven.  The gift of prayer, of unity in Christ's body.  Of laughter with Caleb as he looks at the snow, spitting, and says, "Maybe Jesus is shaking out the hair gel."

Gifts on paper: my notes in my journal, scribbled so that only I can read them, the book I'm reading laying on the edge of the bathtub. God's Word, that thin parchment paper that sounds so beautiful as you turn the page.

Sunshine.  Air.  Rest.  Time. 

All gifts.  I'm on 325. Won't you join me?  Because through thankfulness, through looking up instead of looking inward, through looking for the good rather than the bad, we see God's grace in its full spectrum. And His grace is sufficient.






No comments:

Post a Comment