Saturday, January 7, 2012

Writer's Block

One week into my resolution to write every day and I'm stuck. Don't have a clue what to write about, so I guess I'll just ramble on for a couple of paragraphs. I forgive you in advance if you quit reading right now. I'll consider you a friend if you keep on keeping on...

Today was full of laughter and rest. I'm trying to rest as much as I can since spring semester will be in full swing on Monday. So today, after Zumba, I pretty much sat around and read. I read my Bible, and completed a couple of days in my To Live is Christ workbook. I also started reading A Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer (more on that later this week). I thought about taking a nap, but decided against it. Then, I rode to Hazard with Dad and Caleb. It was nice to get to talk to Dad...we both stay pretty busy with work, and I'm ashamed to say that I don't look for opportunities to hang out with him enough. My Dad is a great guy. He's giving, he has a laugh that makes you laugh (it's contagious, truly), and he really tries to be the best man that he can be. We got to talk some about gratitude and thankfulness, and he talked about fellowship and love. He's such a great teacher... and we were only interrupted a couple of times by a little voice from the back. Mostly to answer questions that Dad asked me. We both got so tickled at Caleb... he is truly a funny kid. Unless you are tired. Or unless you are Kami.

Breathitt pulled out a great win over Hazard with a last second pass under the basket from Alex Hamilton to Jordan Bellamy, who dunked it to go ahead by 2. (Remember me talking about feeling old... yeah, those are two other culprits, considering I can remember them being born). Caleb and I are always confused. I'm always afraid I'll yell out the wrong team, but I do love my sports, so I guess it's all good. Proud of those Bobcats...

Then, ride home. Me, Mom, and Kami in the backseat. Caleb thought he had control of the radio. Grandma Karen put her foot down and we listened to the 60s station. Caleb wasn't impressed. But it was a good time with family.

Tomorrow- Hopefully I'll have something a little more meaningful... plan for Steelers football. More resting and reading. Life, lived. Blessed. Hope yours is the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment