Monday, January 23, 2012

Belt it Out, Baby...

Tonight when I got home from work, Caleb was listening to his Ipod. He has a wide interest in music, and can go from Selena Gomez to Mercy Me to Johnny Cash with a hit of the button. Tonight, he put on a concert for me and his Nana in her living room. He sang his heart out, and we applauded for him just like he was a star.
Then, it was my turn. I got to looking at that Ipod and there were all kinds of songs I hadn't heard in a while. Tom Petty. Guns n Roses. Some old school Toby Mac. And What's Up by 4 Nonblonds.

There's just something about music that was popular when you were in high school that makes you want to rock out. You know what I mean... I can remember when gas was .99 cents a gallon, and I'd pop my cassette in and roll my windows down and drive around the block, summer sun beating through the windshield and the wind blowing through my hair. So I put those earphones in and gave Caleb his own concert, complete with head banging. "And I say, hey-ya-ya-ya-a" Needless to say, he wasn't impressed. But hey, it made my Monday better. So if you're stressed, find you an old song on the computer. Make sure noone is around, and belt that baby out. Find something to use as a microphone (a hairbrush is preferred), and add your own air guitar and air drums (just make sure you are playing the right instrument... I have a story about that for another time.) I guarantee you'll feel better after you do. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment