Monday, October 29, 2018

Better Together

So, we've talked about moments within the story and the soundtrack of our lives. We've talked about changes in plot and unexpected events.

Every main character has to have a sidekick... or a tribe.

We weren't made to live life alone.

We were made for relationship, and that is evident in everyone's story.

Try to do things alone, and you may be ok for a little while...

but in Ecclesiastes we are told that two are better than one, so that we can help each other up.

It's an old cliché, but we are better together.

That means that when I am weak, you may be strong... and vice versa. Just like that old song "Lean on Me".

I struggle with this concept because I'm so socially awkward. I want friends, y'all. Really I do. I get some of that envy going when I see people post pictures on social media of them with all their tribe going to the movies or out to dinner or just hanging out...

because even though I have tons of friends on Facebook, and lots of social acquaintances who I speak to and smile at, I don't have a tribe.

I do have a collection of friends from over the years who I am fairly certain I could call if I needed them and they would help me out. They know my story and have played key parts throughout... but I struggle with needing people.

And I don't always know what to say. For crying out loud, I'll see someone I've known for years and not have a clue how to strike up a conversation.

That's one of the things I say every year when I make new years resolutions... I'm going to make friends... and then I quickly get busy in my own life.

Being together means you are just that... invested in each other.

It's no longer about your story... but about theirs, too.

How they are interconnected... but how you can help theirs be a bestseller.

This is a post in write 31 days, using free write prompts from Five Minute Fridays. Today's prompt is together.

No comments:

Post a Comment