Thursday, October 18, 2018

Search Me, Lord, Because I'm Tired of Searching

This month-long series is all about telling my story. Sharing who I am.

It'd be nice if I knew the answer to that, right?

Our whole life is made up of a search....

a search for who we are.

A search for Who He Is.

A search for the right path, for what is expected, for where we belong.

Just when we get comfortable, something changes, and we are off on another journey, often without knowing where the path is.

Faith is taking the next step even when you can't see it.

Tonight, as I'm penning these words, though, I'm reminded once again that I don't have to have it all figured out. I will never know all of the answers, and that's ok, because He tells us that some mysteries are meant to be just that... mysteries.

Because there are no mysteries with God, and perhaps in order to find the answers to what we are seeking we should cling to what the Psalmist suggests. "Search me, God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting."- Psalm 139:23-24

Search me, Lord. 

Know my heart, and reveal it to me, especially the dark and ugly so I can allow You to take care of it. 
Test me... and give me strength to pass. 
Know my anxious thoughts, and help me not focus on them.
If there is something offensive, remove it, please. 

Lead me in Your way, to the eternal, to what matters here, to what will be everlasting. 


This is a part of a write 31 days challenge, using free write prompts from Five Minute Friday. Today's prompt is search.

No comments:

Post a Comment