Sunday, October 28, 2018

A New Song... or An Old One

Every movie has a soundtrack. That soundtrack often provides clues for what is coming next... the crescendos during the scary, suspenseful, dramatic parts. Upbeat music as the protagonist wins. Violins as the tragedy occurs.

If our lives are our stories, then our stories are much like movies. Perhaps we don't have a soundtrack that clues us in on what is to come, but more than likely your story is associated with some type of music.

Music has been an integral part of my life story. I can hear a certain song and it brings back memories... of me dancing in Mom's kitchen, of sunning in the backyard on a blanket covered in baby oil, of cheering at high school football games, of riding around in my cousin Jen's vehicle...

I loved to sing from an early age. Chorus was one of my favorite classes, perhaps because it provided a respite from Calculus and Chemistry. Also because Mrs. DeHoag was so spectacular.

Songs are often associated with sad times and happy times... but there's always music.

Music moves us. It often changes how we react to certain situations. It can make us melancholy or exuberant.

I think God made us that way. After all, central in His Word is the Psalms, a collection of songs. One such song said," He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise..."

May I sing Your song all day long, Father.

This post is part of write 31 days using free write prompts from Five Minute Friday. Today's prompt is song.

No comments:

Post a Comment