Monday, October 22, 2018

Help!

I am an introvert, unashamedly so.

I never liked group work in school. I would much rather be given a project and be allowed to procrastinate until I figured out how to muddle my own way through it.

I'm not sure what it is, and maybe it's only me, but I don't want people to think I'm stupid, so I very rarely ask questions. I'm learning to just bite the bullet and remembering that nobody knows everything they need to know, and the only way you'll learn is to ask questions...

I don't like to ask for help...

but we were made for relationships, and that means being willing to help others... but also to allow others to help us.

And they can't help if they don't know we need it. When we put up our walls and don't let others see, we may be robbing them of a blessing.

Our stories will not just be composed of the grand and magical times when we were the heroes... it will also include stories of those who served as heroes for us, by offering us a hand up when we needed it...

even if we were reluctant to reach out.

This post is a part of a series for #write31days, using free write prompts from Five Minute Fridays. Today's prompt was help.

No comments:

Post a Comment