Monday, February 8, 2016

Using My Name

I've managed to write consistently for over a month.

Some days it's been easy.

Some days I've struggled.

Today was one of those days. I had nothing insightful.  Nothing inspiring. It's been a Monday, rainy, and I'm not feeling the best in the world.

So I pulled up google and typed in "writing prompts".

One was the write a poem using the first letter of your name.

I'm not a poet, but I thought using the letters of my name was a good idea, so... here's some of my thoughts on life in general.

L- Laugh a lot, every day, hard, even when there doesn't seem to be anything to laugh about.

A- Always choose love.

U- Understand that some days are going to be hard and are basically going to stink, but your attitude doesn't have to (I'm still working on that one!)

R- Read.  A lot.  Every Chance you get.

E- Empathize with others.

N-  Nothing worth having is easy.

That's all I got tonight. If I lived by those every day, though, I'd be in pretty good shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment