Saturday, February 6, 2016

Trust in You

"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present world are not worthy to compare with the glory that shall be revealed in us."

"In this world you will have troubles; but take heart. I have overcome the world."

Tonight I read in Matthew about the sower who sows the seed. Some of it falls on good ground and produces fruit... apples and peaches and berries.

But then there is the seed that I'm often like. The seed that is thrown down and plucked up by the bird before it can be covered in the dirt.

Plucked up because I'm angry or frustrated.

Or the seed that falls on stony ground, and quickly grows, but then dies because the sun comes out and it has no roots to provide it with water.

Life can get hot on us all...

Or the seed that is choked out by the weeds of this world...

Choked out by those troubles, those sufferings. We can look at the temporary, this moment, and forget that we were made for eternity.

One day, though, if we allow His Word to become hidden in our heart...

If we allow His seed to grow and blossom and produce sweet fruit...

We'll be made for glory.

The glory that will be revealed... not to us.

But in us.

His glory, in us.

A lot of days it's hard to see it. To understand how. There's so much suffering in this world. People get old and sick and hurt and we get awfully mad at Adam and Eve, because we have to live in this fallen world...

But He knows. He knows our todays and our yesterdays... and mostly He knows our future, what we don't know and can't see.

We just have to trust.

He's faithful to complete that good work.

Right now I have this song on repeat in my head, from Lauren Daigle.

In all things be my life and breath... and may I only want Your will, even when it is hard.

Trust in You 
Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings
There's not a day ahead You have not seen
So, in all things be my life and breath
I want what You want Lord and nothing less

When You don't move the mountains I'm needing You to move
When You don't part the waters I wish I could walk through
When You don't give the answers as I cry out to You
I will trust, I will trust, I will trust in You!

You are my strength and comfort
You are my steady hand
You are my firm foundation; the rock on which I stand

Your ways are always higher
Your plans are always good
There's not a place where I'll go, You've not already stood


Read more: http://artists.letssingit.com/lauren-daigle-lyrics-trust-in-you-4r2w647#ixzz3zS3sjc38
LetsSingIt - Your favorite Music Community

No comments:

Post a Comment