Friday, February 19, 2016

Five Minute Friday: Forget

There are some things we want to forget. Hurts.  Harsh words. Embarrassing moments.

Personally, I would love to forget my asymmetrical hair from the 7th grade, but my family won't let me do so.

The thing about forgetting is... we mostly won't allow ourselves to forget the things we want to. We dwell on them and return to them time and time again.

And because our brains can only focus on so many things, we aren't able to remember the things we need to remember.

The good words, the God moments.

I can remember harsh words spoken to me when I was younger, but when I close my eyes and try to remember certain times, I find that I have forgotten them.

Because I've focused on the wrong thing.

We're told to forget the former things.

Forget them... because He's doing a new thing.

And He doesn't forget...

except our sins.

He knows to focus on the right things.

May we, too, learn to focus on the good, and forget the rest.

It doesn't matter anyway.

Linking up with Five Minute Friday, where we write for five minutes, unedited, on a prompt. This week? Forget...



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder to think on the good things and remember those more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I can certainly relate to this one. The enemy would have us dwell on everything bad or sad we have ever experienced rather than the good things God does for us. I spend s lot of time rebuking him.
    Have a wonderful week!

    Lynette
    ~#89 at FMF linkup

    ReplyDelete