Monday, August 6, 2012

Monday All Day Long

It's Monday when you wake up and it is raining... not a good rain but just the drizzly kind that makes it too wet to walk and makes you want to pull the covers up over your head.  Not to mention that when you do manage to get up it's after you've hit the snooze button three times.  It's Monday when you're running late and you know you have a to do list a mile long, with not enough time in the day to get it all done.  It's Monday when you rush out of the door, thoughts full of how you're going to be productive... only to slip on the wet steps and land flat on your butt in the wet grass. With your ankle bent under you.  And did I mention the grass was wet?

So, normally this would be one of those sit down and cry moments... or scream in my head or even out loud.  This morning, though, was different.  Even though I woke up late, even though I was already striking out and I hadn't even really been pitched to yet, I had decided that it was going to be a good day.  Yes, I had a lot going on, but I'm excited about the new semester and was actually looking forward to working on it.  I read my Nehemiah Bible study (only two days late) and finished up reading Proverbs 31.  The Proverbs 31 Woman's works praised her at the gate, because her works were about people, and I had made it my mindset to make today about people. 

So, I gingerly got up.  I looked at the swelling and the spreading bruise on my right foot and the grass stains on my pants and thought for a minute about crying.  But I didn't.  I ran in, changed clothes, put some Shout on my pants and threw them in the washer and headed out the door.

You see, a decision can make or break your day. If you decide it's going to be a good day, it can be.  When I got to work, I got most of my to do list marked off, and a plan to conquer the rest in a reasonable manner.  I even did some stuff I hadn't planned on doing.  We've got our plan for this semester, and I got a lot of stuff finished.  Caleb did his homework without a fight, I was almost on time to the Woman's Club meeting, and I even got to walk for 30 minutes when I got home.

So yes, it's been a Monday.. but it's also God's.  He's in charge of all time, and when I choose to spend my day with Him, looking for ways to glorify Him, every day is a good day. A day to rejoice, and be glad in it.  And now, I'm headed to bed so I can get ready for Tuesday =)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lauren, thank you for this one. I needed to hear those words. You are 100% right. We choose how are day is going to be and doing it with God is the way to go. Thank you for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you can relate =) It's nice to know I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete