Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Thumbs Up...

Tonight I sat in a hospital room and gazed at this little bitty thing, swaddled in a blanket.  Perfect color, perfect size, precious in every way.  I watched this little miracle open his eyes when Caleb talked to him... I swear I think he knew Caleb.  My little boy, who I can't remember being that little, got tears in his eyes as he gazed at his new cousin.  I'm sure they will be close, I hope, anyway... as close as my cousins.  Family is important, lets you know where you come from.  It also makes sure that while you may not know where you're going, you know you won't be alone.

As I've scrolled down Facebook today, my heart goes out to a family on the other end of that spectrum, a family that I don't know.  Lane Goodwin's family courageously shared their story through a Facebook page, a story of struggling and pain.  A story of family and love and fighting the good fight.  One little boy, 13 years old, who has touched an entire state, and probably many from around the world.  Social media can be bad... but it's groups like this that make it oh so good, too. 

Today, Lane went to be with Jesus.  My heart breaks for the family, but I'm sure there is also rejoicing in heaven.  Can't you imagine what it is going to be like?  Where cancer never occurs and no Mama ever has to say goodbye to their baby? 

Prayers for this family, for comfort and strength... and Thumbs up for Lane. 

No comments:

Post a Comment