Monday, October 29, 2012

Remember what God has done

Last night I read in my Esther Bible study about Haman's decree that Mordecai and all of the Jews should be killed.  All of the Jews... annhilation of an entire nation.  Now if you know anything about the Bible, you know that the Jews are also God's chosen people, and He had a covenant with them for protection. Even though they were always going the wrong way or turning to false gods or just getting into trouble, God protected them.  Even when they had assimilated in the Persian culture of the time, God had a plan...

What amazes me about Beth Moore's studies are that she makes you feel like you are right there.  She pulls things from the Word that I could never think about on my own.  She has a God-given gift for sure.  If you've never done one of her studies, I highly recommend them...

Anyway, back to Haman and Mordecai. Beth pointed out that the timing of the decree was amazing, because the decree was sent to all of the provinces on the very night of Passover.  Passover was the night the Egyptian first-born were killed, as the Israelites prepared to flee Egypt and bondage.  Passover was proof of the covenant God had with them. During Passover, the entire family gathers together and talks about what God has done... for them, for their families, for their nation.

While I may not be Jewish and may not celebrate Passover, I can still remember what God has done for me.  At the age of 4, I drove a car over a hill, only to crawl out the broken back windshield with a tiny pumpknot on my head.  God saved me.  I know His angels were around me that day, and they've stayed with me.  Through multiple car accidents, and a life not always for His glory.  God got me through nursing school.  He's blessed me with all four of my grandparents, and memories of some of my great-grandparents, too.  I've been blessed with parents who love me, two sisters who are the best, and a close knit, crazy family on both sides.  God has kept my marriage together for thirteen years and has blessed us with one unique almost 10 year old.  He blesses me daily.  I'm healthy, happy for the most part.  I can walk on the treadmill, even though I don't like it.  I can see to read books and hear Caleb's laughter echoing off of the walls. 

He saved Wallace from sure death in a car accident.  He brought my Grandma back from acute renal failure.  Time after time, His blessings have been evident.  He never gave up on me... ever.  Even now, as I struggle at times, I know He's there.

We must remember. Remermbering not only gives us reassurance, it gives us peace. He's the same yesterday, today,and forever... and His timing is perfect. 

No comments:

Post a Comment