Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Understanding to the Simple

I've just started a study on Nehemiah... just completed week 1.  Beth Moore is actually leading it over at her blog.  Before we started, she invited us to pray Psalms 119:129-135 over our study.  I've been taking this passage verse by verse and meditating on it throughout the day. 

Psalm 119:129-  "Thy testimonies are wonderful, therefore doth my soul keep them."  Isn't His testimonies... stories, evidence, proof... wonderful?  He is good... so everything about Him is good.  Sunshine.  Rain. Laughing with Caleb.  Time with Wallace.  My salvation... testimonies of His goodness.  My soul keeps them... Hides them within and thinks about them on days when I don't feel like I can go on.

Psalm 119:130, "The entrance of thy Word giveth light; it giveth understanding to the simple."  When God's Word is involved, there is no darkness.  It doesn't creep up... as soon as it hits the doorpost, things are illuminated.  He radiates, so that we can see the way.  And I loved that last line... giveth understanding to the simple.  Don't you just feel simple sometimes?  I know I do.  Things in this world are hard.  They are crazy confusing.  I just don't understand.. but I'm not necessarily supposed to understand it all.  The good news is, He's given me what I need.  And when I'm confused or feeling dumb, He gives me understanding.  He illuninates me with knowledge and wisdom. 

God's good.  And I'm praising Him tonight =)

No comments:

Post a Comment