Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A Merry Heart

There's something about Caleb's laugh that makes me warm inside.  He is such a funny kid...

Like today when he told me I looked like our car.  Really? Where do you get that?  I said, "So are you saying I'm dirty?" and he said, "Um... yeah."  And then there was that laugh.

Last night we had a tickle fight.  He won, hands down.  Moms somehow seem to get tired too easy... this Mom does, anyway.  That sneaky boy was still laughing and tickling, even as I swiped his hand away. 

Laughing at TV shows... some that I think are funny. Some that I don't.  But it's always there, that warm laugh that starts low but reaches down to his belly.  His eyes crinkle up and sometimes we laugh so hard that we cry. 

Laughter is the best medicine. A merry heart doeth good like a medicine (Proverbs 17:22).  I'll take a cup of Caleb's laugh anytime over some kind of elixer.  He's the cure for my troubles...

Thank You, God, for my funny man-child.  May he continue to be able to laugh, and may he never lose that childlike appreciation for a good tickle contest...

No comments:

Post a Comment