Monday, July 16, 2012

Packed Schedule

Ever notice that when you want something to happen, it seems like it takes forever, but when you don't it's here before you know it?  As I'm writing this, I can't believe that July is halfway over.  I'll be heading back to work and Caleb back to school in less than a month... but before we ge in the swing of the busyness of work and school, we have some things to look forward to...

Every year, my Griffith cousins gather at Green River Lake in Taylor County for some Kentucky family fun.  My Papaw Paul's sister June and her family, including kids, grandkids, and this year a great-grand travel from Michigan to fish, tube, swim, and have campfires with their Kentucky cousins.  My dad's cousin Kyle orchestrates the whole event and there is usually a whole gang of us.  This makes the third or fourth year Caleb and I have went with Mom and Dad and I must say it is something I look forward to every year.  Most of the cousins are older than me, but it is so cool to see Caleb hanging out with their kids.  We've connected through Facebook and stay in touch throughout the year.  I enjoy the slow pace of the lake. There is little internet and phone service, and it usually rains at least one of the days we stay, so I enjoy a day on the porch swing relaxing.  It's also good to spend time with my Mom and Dad... not that I don't see them here, but let's face it, we all stay busy.

Then, there's our bridesmaid excursion to Lexington. We're all going to spend the night and go to Posh the next day to get facials!  I'm so excited!!!! I'm also planning a trip to Half-Price books, and Lifeway Christian store, but I'm going to try  not to be too demanding since it is all about Holly =)  I do think we'll try to do breakfast at Bob Evans or IHop, because Kami has been wanting crepes all summer and hasn't gotten them yet. 

Then, I head to Western for three days to start my doctoral program.  Not sure if this is really something that I am anticipating, because I'm a little nervous, but it's a good nervous.  I'm excited.  This is something that is on my bucket list, and I know that while it will be difficult, it will also be rewarding. 

And then, finally, the week after school starts, Miss Holly Michelle walks down the aisle and becomes a Mrs.  I've got to get some stuff done before then... and have to start walking in my sparkly high heel shoes which Caleb announced, "Don't look like you, Mama."  It's going to be interesting to say the least...

I know that the rest of this summer will fly by.  Somewhere in there I've got to fit in some more reading, movie watching, and swimming with my best boy.  Guess I'd better get off here and get some rest =)

No comments:

Post a Comment