Monday, March 12, 2012

Bracketology

March Madness- one of my favorite times of the year!!! The Bates Family Bracket Challenge...

Since the early days of my marriage, Wallace and I have enjoyed friendly wagers on the NCAA tournament.  We started filling out a bracket about 4 years ago.  Caleb got in on the fun a couple of years ago, and I was amused by how he chose his teams: Miami (because his cousin Landry loved the Hurricanes), Ohio (because his cousins Corinne, Maddox, James, and Olivia live there), Georgetown (because his aunt Naomi lives there... even though it was the wrong Georgetown)... I only wish I had written down his logic.  Last year, he had Morehead going all the way.  This year, we'll see...

We've expanded and let Kami join us, even though "she is not a Bates", as Caleb was quick to remind us.  Which is funny, because he's always telling everyone she's his sister.  Winner takes $50... every year it has been Wallace. Last year, I came close.

So tomorrow when I go into work I'll print off our brackets. We'll fill them off.  I'm addicted to ESPN during this time of year, looking to see who was knocked off and who was able to upset.  This year, of course, I'm cheering for Kentucky, but I'd also love to see Murray State make a run for it. And, whoever plays Duke. 

I'll keep you posted.  I already know what I'm going to buy if I win... some more books for my Kindle.  Just what I need, but March Madness means that summer is just around the corner, and a girl can never be too prepared!

No comments:

Post a Comment