Sunday, March 18, 2012

And the Aye's Have It

Today has been one of those days that should go down in the books as wonderful.  I started it out in church, had a good Children's Church (when Caleb can actually tell me in his own words what we talked about, it's a good sign).  I lounged on the trampoline reading and taking a nap, soaking up the sunshine like a Mama cat.  I spent time with Caleb- we drove to Spencer's and got milkshakes with Aunt Lisa E., then spent a couple of hours relaxing on my Grandma Bert's back porch.  Caleb truly brings my grandparents joy...

Caleb got vetoed because he wanted to stay inside.  "Everyone who wants to go outside, say "Aye""  Caleb, of course, said "Nay", but because it was 3:1, outside we went.  We had a good time rocking, enjoying the breeze, and playing with Grandma's dog.  My Uncle Dennis came up for a hair cut. and Caleb voted for Lisa to gap him...thankfully, it was a tie with two "Ayes" and two "Nays", so Dennis came away with a good looking haircut.  Caleb amused himself in only the way a little kid can...

Grandma's back porch is concrete, and is slightly sloped from top to bottom.  I'm pretty sure if there is a utensil or tool that you need, you can find it somewhere on her back porch.  Caleb got an old office chair and decided to put it to good use... rolling down the porch toward the vehicles.  Grandma and I got a good laugh... and when Uncle Dennis decided that I try it instead of telling him to stop, Caleb about lost his breath.  (and the office chair about pitched over...). 

Time with Kami, a walk with the mother-in-law, a long hot bubble bath,and Amazing Race with Wallace, and I think that I'm ready for the coming week.  Everyone ready for bed say "Aye"... AYE!!! Have a blessed week =)

No comments:

Post a Comment