Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Blank Slate

So many thoughts circling my head tonight, but nothing really has a common theme, so I guess tonight's the night to just brain dump.  Sorry it isn't cohesive, but it's what's on my mind and much too long for a status update on Facebook =)

West Liberty, Magoffin County, and Menifee County- I am still heartbroken.  The devastation I've seen in pictures blows my mind.  I don't know how they know where to even begin to pick up the pieces.  I want to help, but I'm not sure how.  Right now, I 'm just petitioning the All-Sufficient One for their needs.  My prayers are with all of the victims, the EMS workers, Red Cross workers, Volunteers, Medical personnel, Police, and Insurance People.  Dad had a long day today in Salyersville; said he'd met some interesting people and all of them were just thankful... thankful to be alive, thankful to God.  That's true thankfulness, staring down the barrel at losing everything that you have.  Lord, sometimes I'm so selfish.

On the other end of the spectrum, ballgames- 14th region tournament action.  Kami will be cheering on the Cats... I love tournament time... March is here and that means March Madness.  I'm a bandwagoner of the biggest sort, so I'll be cheering on the PCC Lady Commodores and Kendall as they make their way to Bowling Green.  Hopefully they'll bring that trophy back to the mountains.  Praying Kendall has an awesome tournament... there isn't a more deserving young lady.  I can remember when she was little bitty and she took all of those boys up there at church to school in the gym.  I can't help but think that Dr. Todd is looking down on her right now with a big smile on that face...  I'm also cheering for Magoffin County in the 15th Region... kind of hard to think about roundball when your town has been hit hard, but these ladies did work today and I'm hoping that they can do great things.

Caleb Bates- my shining star.  Had a great weekend with him... cheesecake, new shoes, swimming, shopping, more swimming, the Lorax in Imax 3D, more swimming... lounging around a hotel room, spending two hours in a bookstore.  He's a great kid, so funny, and I'm so glad that he's mine.

So here I sit tonight in my bed, getting ready to turn out the lights (actually, they are already out... Wallace is worn out from Reserves and running with me and Caleb. We forget he's actually working.)  It's supposed to snow, and I can't help but hope that it does so my boys can have a snow day... although I was wanting pretty weather for my Spring Break.  One thing I've learned this weekend, though, is that I don't have anything to complain about.  My mind may be racing, but I"m so very thankful that it is full of good things.  Hoping you can find something good, too.  Continue to pray for our communities... God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment