Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Where Would I Want to Be?

So tonight, on the 6th night of the #Write28Day Challenge, I'm fresh out of inspiration.

But thankfully the internet has an answer for everything... it's called google... so I googled "Inspiring writing prompts" and found one with 30 prompts.

One of them was if you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?

If you had asked me this a couple of weeks ago, when temps were down in the teens, I would have said a beach. I can close my eyes and almost feel the sun beating down on my cheeks, the ocean lapping against my feet as I slouch in a beach chair with an open book in my lap.

The smell of coconut is strong from the sunblock I applied, and the grit of sand sticks to my leg from the surf.

Oh, the beach! How marvelous you are....

but then there's the mountains, too...

towering green around me, with blue skies above and the sunshine beating down.

Wherever I want to be, I want it to be sunny.

(Even though I realize we need rain...)

There are so many places I want to go. So many locations on my bucket list. A play on Broadway. Paris, France. Hawaii. Mt. Rushmore.

I guess, though, right now at this moment, at just after 11 PM at night on a day full of work...

there's no place I'd rather be than right here... in the bed, getting ready to turn out the lights.

We'll dream about those places and I'll write about them when I actually see them with my own two eyes...

except the beach and the mountains. I carry them in my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment