Friday, February 8, 2019

Build It One Board at a Time

The cursor on this page just keeps blinking.

Blinking across the white page... taunting.

Some days I have some great ideas.

Others, not so much.

Some weeks I read a prompt and my mind starts racing... and then others I have no idea where I'll end up... or even where to start... so I just start typing.

Letting words spill on to the page, clearing my mind.

I don't identify myself as  'writer", but writers write, so before I can become one I have to start.

One word at a time.

Each one building on the other.

Just like a building doesn't pop up overnight,some stories don't unfold by themselves.

They have to be crafted, one letter at a time.

Build it... they will come.

Write it... they will read.

And if they don't, well, at least it's out of my head.

Focusing in February on getting words on the page... some days, like today, they don't mean anything but it's the habit.

Once the habit gets in place, the meaning will come.

Today writing on what comes to mind with the one word prompt "build" provided by Five Minute Fridays. 

No comments:

Post a Comment