Friday, May 20, 2016

Five Minute Friday: Expect

Expect the unexpected.

Those three words can describe life as a nurse. As a mom.

As anyone.

Because even thought we like to plan our days and our months and our years, there will always be speedbumps along the road.

Detours.

Flat tires.

And you have to be prepared.

Like yesterday. I had gone to a conference and my husband was going to pick me up from a designated meeting area.

I ended up getting back in town about an hour earlier than I had led him to expect...

which means that he wasn't ready to pick me up in the traditional fashion, because he had been in the hills riding our Razor.

So... he opted to pick me up in a way I did not expect when I put on my dress pants and dress shoes that morning to attend my meeting.

My ride home was a little bumpier than I expected...

but it was pretty fun, too, after I let go and stopped worrying that my bags (which he had placed in garbage bags and tied on to the back) would get dirty and my computer would get smashed.

Obviously, that didn't happen because I'm typing this right now.

Sometimes, life is better when things happen that you least expect...

You just have to be willing to stay open to the adventure and trust the driver.

Linking up today for Five Minute Friday, where we write for five minutes, unedited, on one word.

Today's Prompt?

Just as you'd expect...

Expect.

1 comment:

  1. Love this: "Sometimes, life is better when things happen that you least expect... You just have to be willing to stay open to the adventure and trust the driver." A terrific reminder for me today and always! Lovely writing. Great story. Powerful application! Thanks for sharing. Stopping by from FMF.

    ReplyDelete