Friday, September 6, 2013

What I'm Reading in September

These posts are by far my favorite posts, mostly because I just love reading.  I love books.  I love to hold a hardback or paperback book in my hand and feel the pages as I turn them.  I love the smell of a new book.  And I love my Kindle, too... but I haven't gotten the chance to spend much time with them lately.  Unless, of course, you want to count my Fundamentals of Nursing textbook. And just recently, my Financial Management textbook.  Or one on Policies and Procedures.  I'll be reading both of those tonight... but otherwise, for more fun, in September, I'm reading...


I have two chapters left in What Happens When Women Say Yes to God.  Our Online Bible study wraps up next week, and I can't believe how quickly it has passed.  I have loved this book.  I love Lysa Terkeurst.  I love Proverbs 31 Ministries.  Good reading.  I also still  have The 15 Invaluable Laws of Growth by John Maxwell on my Kindle, but I haven't read it in a couple of months.  I may try to finish it up in the next couple of weeks.

On my Kindle, I'm reading This Girl by Colleen Hoover.  This is the third in the series; the first two tell the story from the girl's point of view, and this one is from the guy's point of view.  It is pretty good.  It's kind of fun to see how the author is spinning things a little differently based on the male voice.  I'm also reading The Summer I Learned to Dive.  This story is a teenage love story, and while it is very simply written, I'm enjoying it.  I'm also reading Auschwitz: A New History.  I started it last month, and am only just over 1/4 of the way into it, because it is some pretty heavy reading, but very interesting.  It's the kind of book that makes you think... about life and about other people and about their perspective. 

I'm reading The Cure for Modern Life by Lisa Tucker, a story featuring a drug rep and a homeless boy.  I just started The Drowning Tree by Carol Goodman; I'm only 10 pages or so into it so I can't really tell if it is going to be any good or not.  My drive-thru read is One Summer, by David Baldacci, the story of a Gulf War Vet with a terminal illness.  This morning, I was reading while eating my breakfast, and something very surprising happened.  I'm thinking this will be a must-read recommendation. 

On my to read list coming up? Summer  Snow by Nicole Baart, the follow-up to After the Leaves Fall and this month's selection for a book club I'm on in Facebook.  a selection by the book club I'm in on Facebook.  Grace by Max Lucado and Unconditional by Eva Marie Everson, also selections from a Facebook book club from last month that I downloaded but didn't get around to reading (yes, I realize I may be addicted. I think this was established long ago).    When Dreams Cross by Terri Blackstock... I read the first in this series in July for a book club and it was good.  It's a four part series. A Confident Heart, which we will be studying for Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies starting October 14th.    Notorious Nineteen.  And then there are lots and lots more...

As always, comment below with any suggestions for me.  I may not read them until this time next year but I'll definitely look into them

1 comment:

  1. Have you read of Francine Rivers stuff? I LOVE her! I never thought I'd like Ted Dekker until I read a book he co-authored. I have fallen in love with his twist and turns. READ away!!!

    ReplyDelete