Saturday, August 3, 2013

July in Review

August 1st- wow!  Back to work... and what a day!  12 hours filled with a CPR overview at Jackson, another CPR class at the college, and 8 hours at the office trying to figure out which direction is up...

But a good day... and the beginning of a good month.  Now, for last month...

 Weight loss- Not even going to talk about it.  Or exercise... because it has been nonexistent.  Tomorrow is another day. Grace.  That's all going to say.

I'm still behind on my Bible reading... Haven't read much in my Chronological Bible.  Same for memorizing Scripture... but I've been reading, and internalizing.  I love how God speaks to me and makes sure I read just what I need.  For example the verse I chose for August 1 is the basis of this blog... His grace is sufficient. And just today, I finished up Priscilla Shirer's Gideon, two weeks behind Beth Moore's study group... but guess what verse the video session was about.  You got it!

Doing some better on pictures.  Took about two weeks off of blogging, just writing every now and then... but I spent a lot of time with my boys so that's ok. Still enjoying linkups such as Multitudes on Mondays and Five Minute Fridays.  ..  

Finished Gideon (2 make my second in-depth study this year) and am on week 7 of  Beth Moore's David: A Heart Like His with a group of friends on Facebook (I'm behind).  Gearing up to start What Happens When Women Say Yes to God on Sunday Proverbs 31 Online Bible Studies on Facebook, leading a group of amazing ladies. Over 21,000 women have signed up and I am so excited...and honored to get to be just a small part.   I read 15 books in July for a total of 68 out of my 80 books; 12 to go. . More on what I'm reading now later...

Participating in the Joy Dare and counting 1000 gifts... counted a total of 1181 as of today.  I haven't stayed up to date but I do play catch up... and I see things every day that I'm thankful for.  How can I not help but "Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. His love endures forever.  Join us at www.aholyexperience.com.

Sleep... Last month I said that I wanted to have a pattern in place and that's not worked out.  In fact, when I got back from vacation I started sleeping later!  I'm setting a goal to get in the bed by 11 and get up at 6, for 7 hours a night, and take it from there.  Fingers crossed!

August is a time of new beginnings with the start of a new school year.  I'm claiming Isaiah 43:18-19 for myself, my family, my coworkers, and my students.  Do not remember the past events,
pay no attention to things of old.
19 Look, I am about to do something new;
even now it is coming. Do you not see it?
Indeed, I will make a way in the wilderness,
rivers[e] in the desert.
And... as always... grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment