Sunday, November 11, 2012

Just a Little Prayer

At the beginning of the year, I had hoped to write once a day.  Life is busy, though, and I've not been able to do that.  One of the reasons behind writing every day is because if it is a habit I'll be more likely to do it, and I think better after writing and getting stuff off of my mind.  Tonight, though, I've got nothing...

It's been five days since I last wrote, and they've been five busy days.  Meeting in Hazard, trip to Bowling Green, class, church with Children's Church, and Caleb's birthday party.  All leading up to what is looking like it will be another jam-packed week, including the kick-off to basketball season.

So tonight, if it's okay with any readers I've got out there, I'd just like to say a little prayer on this white space I'm typing.  Not so that I will look good or so that it'll be read by the masses, keeping in mind that prayer is personal and that God doesn't want us boasting in public...

But might I pray for you, too?  I'm not even sure if anyone will read this, but if you do... you're included...

Lord, I'm so very thankful that You are You and I am not.  I'm thankful that You look over my mess and love me.  I'm thankful that You were willing to die for me and my sins, and that You forgive me even when I can't forgive myself.  I'm thankful for this life that is busy... but please help me not lose focus on You.  It's when I lose that focus and start looking at all that is going on that I get so messed up and needy.  Help me not forget that, Lord. 
So many in our community, in our country, in our families, are hurting. Comfort them, Lord. Wrap Your arms around them and give them strength.   Death and sickness and need... worry and fear and not knowing what to expect.  You know the future, though... and Your ways are so much greater than ours.  You have a purpose and a plan, and we know that all things work together for our good, if we love You.  And I do, Lord... even if I have a messed up way of showing it sometimes.
Be with my family and my friends and my students.  Be with our Bobcats as they travel to Belfry.  I'm praying traveling mercies and that all will be safe.  Be with Caleb and help him have a good week. Be with my ball girls as they kick off this season.
Lord, today, on Veterans Day, I'm thankful for all who have served our country and are serving it right now, and all of their families.  Please keep our boys and girls overseas safe, especially those who I know. 
Thank You, Lord, for a safe place for me to turn to.  You are so good. We don't deserve Your goodness, but great is Your faithfulness.  In Jesus's name, Amen and amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment