Saturday, October 6, 2012

What I'm Reading

A few weeks ago I wrote about how I hadn't gotten to read much in September.  I was able to finish four books, though... and right now, even though I should be worried about classwork, I can't stop myself from reading.  Some of the books I'm checking out right now...

The Girl Who Played with Fire, the follow-up book to The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  I'm just about 80 pages into it.  I know it probably has some sensitive content, but thus far it's a good read and I'm enjoying it.

Summer People by Elin Hildebrand.  I read The Island just before school started and really liked it.  I generally like beach novels set in the Low Country, because I've actually been there.  Hildebrand's books are set in Nantucket, where I've never been, and so far I've had no problem imagining myself sitting on the beach.

Blackberry Winter by Sarah Jio.  This is a recommendation from shereads.org, a book club ran by Proverbs 31 Ministries. Each month, they choose a book to read and discuss.  I don't get into the discussions much, but every book I've read that has been recommended by their page has been worth recommending, and this one is no different.  This novel is about a little boy who was lost in a snowstorm, and a present day reporter who is searching the story out over fifty years after it happened.

Song of Renewal.  This book is on my Kindle and was a free read.  So far, it's been pretty good.

Twelve Sharp, by Janet Evanovich.  I'm slowly making my way through the series.  She makes me laugh out loud... definitely a mindless read when you want to escape it all.

Unglued by Lysa Terkeurt.  I'm on Chapter 4.  I need it.  Desperately bad.

And I'm still reading War and Peace.  I'm still only about 25% into it.  I know, I know... But I will get it finished.  Maybe by this time next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment