Sunday, October 7, 2012

Procrastination

How is it possible that four days can fly by and I've got next to nothing done?  Let me apologize for the whine session that is getting ready to happen, but I'm just really, really dreading the next week.

Monday brings a test, flag football practice for Caleb, and the District Volleyball Championship for my Lady Tigers.  Tuesday is another test, flag football game for Caleb, and statistics homework that I really must get done. Wednesday is clinical  and church. Thursday is lecture, and more homework.  Friday I've got a faculty council meeting at noon and then I get to drive to Bowling Green for class.  Class on Saturday.  And somewhere in between now and then I've got 9 packets of clinical paperwork to grade before I get 9 more handed to me on Wednesday, lecture notes to type, an article review to write, 2 quizzes for Biostats, three homework assignments for Biostats, and a 15 minute presentation on Democratic  Leadership...

And I really did work on my fall break!  Well, some of it...

But I also read.  Went to a volleyball game and volleyball practice.  Cleaned house (even though you can't tell it now).  Watched some college football with Wallace.  Went to Applebee's with Wallace and Caleb.  Read some more. Slept in...

Probably not the most useful time management.  I was in panic mode a couple of nights ago.  I told Wallace, "Tell me I can get all of this done." To which he replied, with a completely straight face, "You are a professional procrastinator.  One of the best.  I've never seen anyone work like you under pressure."

I'm counting on it this week... so if I don't blog, you'll understand why.  But I probably will.  Because the beauty of being a procrastinator like me is that I always find something I'd rather be doing than what I should...

No comments:

Post a Comment