Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Drama Queen

Tomorrow is the last day of October and I honestly can't believe how fast this year has gone by.  Before we know it, it will be Christmas and then the New Year and it will be time to look at 2012 and see how good of a year it was.  I'm learning that day by day, we make decisions and have good days and bad days.  We take on step forward and three or four steps back, and that's ok, as long as we are making imperfect progress. 

I'm trying day by day and at this point, 2012 has been a success.  I've not lost weight like I wanted, and not consistently exercised, but I've learned a lot about myself and about life in general.  And perhaps the biggest lesson life is teaching all of us has come on the brink of a Frankenstorm.

At this time, New York and New Jersey are flooded, as are several other states up and down the Eastern Seaboard.  Parts of Eastern Kentucky and West Virginia are under at least 6 inches of snow.  Several hundred thousand are without power and heat and there have been over 30 deaths.  Millions are trying to recover. 

Yes, life isn't fair.  As I completed my Esther DVD session this morning, Beth Moore reminded me of this.  Life wasn't fair for Esther's generation, and it isn't fair now.  Beth reminds us, though, that there is, "Purpose in  crisis."  God has a purpose for everything... I'm not saying that God causes things to happen.  He can take things that happen, though, and use them for good.  And then I loved what she went on to say.  In a rough paraphrase, she says, "And Lord, You know You're dealing with a bunch of drama queens."  Oh, Lord.  In light of all of the trouble in the world, I am a drama queen.  But even in the midst of my drama, You're working good.

Prayers tonight for all of those who really are undergoing drama.  Protect them and comfort them.  Give them peace and reassurance.  And for all of us drama queens, help us learn to trust in You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment