Tuesday, October 2, 2012

True Living

Today was one of those good days.  The sky was a brilliant blue, the sun was shining on the changing leaves, making the yellows and golds and oranges especially bright, almost translucent.  The breeze was perfect... and as I walked out of my office at 5 PM, I realized that I am truly happy.  Now tomorrow may be a different story, but tonight I am content... thanking God for:

a visit from a friend at work, the chance to clean my house on Thursday, a trip to Walmart with Caleb, him willingly sitting down and doing homework, statistics tutoring with Wallace, warm bubble baths, visiting with my Relay buddies, the realization that not everything in the world is a big deal... Esther and realizing that beauty isn't just skin deep, and that maybe we need to stop looking so much at the outward appearance.  Leaves blowing in the wind.  The feel  of the sun on my face.  "Moooomm... I love you." as we sing Sidewalk Prophets together. 

The realization that maybe I'm perfect just the way that I am, all my imperfections and flaws.  Knowing God's love to my marrow.  Christ's example for suffering and reacting.  His endless love and compassion.  New mercies every day.  Forgiveness for wrongs.

Seeing my man leaned up against his truck, ready to bike, and feeling as if my heart might explode.  Walking Mom's dog this morning, feeling the rain drops come down and knowing that I am alive. 

Accepting others where they are.  Learning to love.  The gift of feelings, because they mean I'm truly living. A thankful heart... Gratitude.

That's what living is about.  Thanks, Lord, for epiphanies in mundane days.  You're too good.

No comments:

Post a Comment