Thursday, September 6, 2012

Life's a Journey... Go Along for the Ride

Tonight I rode on a bus to what seems like the middle of nowhere.  Now don't be offended if you live in Oneida, but after driving 1 hour or so on Hwy 30 on a school bus, I was remembering why I would "accidentally" miss the bus when Mom was pregnant with Kami.  The trip home left me a little green at the gills.

The plus side was that we won... big... and our girls had a good time.  And they are a great group of girls. The ride home was full of laughter, singing, and just a little shrieking.  Oh, the joy and angst of being a teenager.  I so remember bus rides with the radio up as loud as you could get it, blowing bubbles and gossiping about anything and everything.  Of curling up on a seat and trying to get some sleep but not being able to because whoever was behind you was singing too loud. 

Sometimes we grow up too fast... tomorrow I'll be 33 and I'm feeling slightly melancholy.  I've had a less than desirable week and sometimes life makes you just wish you were back to being a teenager again.  If only we knew...

but then I wouldn't have Caleb.  And I know God's got me right where He wants me at this time in my life, and that He's got a plan for me no matter what.  Sometimes we aren't sure where the road is headed, but we just have to trust Him to lead us in the right direction.  Sometimes life is a pull out your map and try to figure it out, but then there is always the belief that our navigator knows what is going on.  Tonight, as I head into my 33rd year, I'm thinking that it's going to be one of those years where I just close my eyes and hang on for the ride.  In life, there will be ups and downs... but in the end, even if we get a little queasy stomached, the destination will be worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment