Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Sick Day

Today I took a sick day.  I've been feeling really crappy.  Had a headache, fever, and chills last night.  I know it is just that time of year, fall in Kentucky, and I also know it will clear up soon.  I'm not really the take a lot of medicine kind of girl.  I'd much rather just suffer until things go away on their own... or until it gets so bad I feel like I can barely make it.

Which leads to why I took the sick day today.  We didn't have class scheduled, so it would have been a good day of working in my office.  However, when I got up and realized I was dizzy and wasn't thinking clearly, I made the decision to suffer it out on my couch... which I did.  I read my Bible and napped, read my Kindle and napped, and then napped some more.  I'm feeling much better this evening.  I even felt good enough to go to church...

Rest is essential to the human body.  I don't get nearly enough.  I have been going to bed much earlier than I usually do; I make it my goal to have my light out by midnight, and usually lights out are closer to 1130.  However, during the time I'm up, I'm running, running, running.  We haven't had a Saturday where there hasn't been something to do since school started, or at least I can't remember one.  And that's ok, because it is all stuff I enjoy.  I'm just tired.  That's evident in that I went to bed last night at 930, slept until 8 this morning, and then was still drifting off to sleep on the couch today.

It'd be nice if we didn't need rest, but we do. I'm hoping that my lazy day today (even though I also chatted with students, texted with students, and met with an adjunct clinical faculty this evening means I didn't have an entirely lazy day...) means that I've nipped this sinus deal in the bud.  We'll see tomorrow... now, I'm headed to bed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment