Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Jesus Freak

Tonight I really didn't want to walk on my treadmill.  I'm tired, and it's been a long, rainy day.  All I really wanted to do was get in the bed and pull the covers over my head, but I needed to walk since I chose to drink half of a peanut butter milkshake...

So walk I did.  I put my Ipod on shuffle and flipped through until I got a song that I "felt" (anybody else guilty of doing that?  Leaving it all up to chance and then making the decision anyway? Sounds a lot like me in life...) I listened to "Revelation Song" by Jesus Culture and got my praise on.  How can you not, "Jesus Your name is power, Breath and Living Water"... How worthy is He?  Then "10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman, "Bless the Lord, oh my Soul, Worship His Holy Name".  Toby Mac "Me Without You"... and then "Lose My Soul", one of my favorites.  "May Your Kingdom be what wakes us up, and lays us down". 

And then, as I closed out my walk, DC Talk... Old School.  "Jesus Freak".  "What will people do when they find out I'm a Jesus Freak?  There ain't no disguising the truth"

That's how it should be.  No disguising the truth.  No question about it.  Jesus living through me, in me, working through my actions.  The Bible says that they will know us by the fruit that we bear, and His fruit is patience, love, kindness...

My job is to let Him work through me, demonstrating these fruits, so there will be no disguising that I am His.  He's Worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment