Tuesday, January 27, 2015

To Get What you Love, You may have to face what you Hate

Mint chocolate chip ice cream just may be one of the best things ever created on this planet.

Ever.

I can remember going to Baskin Robbins in Lexington with Lisa E. and getting two scoops.  I longed for a Baskin Robbins in Jackson.  I had to settle for Breyers, which is pretty good, but it's not green and it tastes a little different.

Despite the freezing cold temperatures today, I decided that I wanted that ice cream.

Needed it, actually...

except I didn't. 

I was tired when I got home from work and really didn't feel the treadmill in my future, but I'm doing a running plan (I know... again...) and it called for me to run 0.5 miles (I know, that's not much...) so I forced myself to get on the treadmill.

After all, 0.5 miles is a piece of cake, right?

Or it's at least worth a bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream...

Two miles later, I hopped off and fixed a bowl.  It was delicious, just as I remembered.

 In my resolution to get healthier this year, I didn't say a word about dieting.  Or lifestyle eating changes... because I'm a picky eater and I KNOW I'll fail, at least during basketball season, where 99.9% of my meals are either eaten in my car, in the gym, or in my car on the way to the gym.

I did, however, resolve to move more, and I'm doing that.

So I didn't stress out about that ice cream.

I just convinced myself that because I loved that ice cream, I had to face that which I hate... the dreadmill.

I'm learning to grudgingly admit some respect for it. 

Tonight, at least...


No comments:

Post a Comment