Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Yawn of the Goat

One thing you would have thought that I had learned by now...

You are never safe with a 12 year old with a phone.

Teenagers these days are good at snapping pictures with their victims unawares...

Like this evening.  We had such a good day. We went to a movie. Caleb and I shared popcorn and he even let me grab on to his arm during the scary thoughts (after I hissed at him, "Well, let me sit next to your dad if you don't want me grabbing you." We ate Applebees and sang songs loud on the way home.

And I was worn out by that time... so I flopped down on the couch. Caleb and I found some old pictures in a basket and we were going through them.  He was little, with a gap-toothed smile and an impish grin.

And then I yawned.  Loudly.  I may or may not have sounded like a goat. 

Caleb was giggling, and at first I thought it was just because of my loud, overly dramatic yawn... because it was pretty funny.

But no.  He had recorded the whole thing on video, and had posted it to his Snapchat story.

Thanks, bub.

And now I'm reminded to always be checking to see if the cell phone is in his hand... because you never know when he'll be recording. 

No comments:

Post a Comment