Friday, June 27, 2014

Five Minute Fridays- Lost

When I read the word for the prompt this morning, I almost laughed out loud.  Wallace and I were in one vehicle driving home from Destin, with Papaw, Nana, and Caleb in another vehicle.  Both cars were comparing GPS systems for the most reliable way home.

GPS systems are great.  They didn't fail us as we journeyed to Destin for the first time this year.  On the trip home, I thought about how nice these inventions were.  I could even speak into my IPhone, for crying out loud, and figure out where the closest Bob Evans was.  (For wondering minds, it wasn't close enough, and I had to settle for Cracker Barrel instead). 

Today on the trip home I thought about how much fun the journey places can be, especially when you have a full tank of gas and know where you are going.

But the journey can turn into no fun really quick when you take the wrong turn, especially when it's because a mechanical voice told you too.

Especially when your cousin is starting his first high school varsity football game, and the GPS was supposed to take you to the football field, and you instead ended up in a field in the middle of nowhere.

"You've arrived at your destination." It announced... with no football lights in sight.

Oh, to be lost...especially when you thought you knew where you are going.  Especially when you thought you were taking a shortcut.

We are like that a lot.  I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel lost sitting in my living room.  I feel lost staring at the computer screen.  I feel lost driving down the road, knowing exactly where I'm going.

But if we are listening to the true navigator, the true GPS, we are never really lost...

we may just be taking the scenic route.

And that's what makes life fun...

Linking up with Five Minute Fridays where we are given a prompt and write for five minutes without editing. Today's prompt- LOST.
Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

  1. I love this...thinking about how we are never really lost. Maybe those detours are plugged into that crazy GPS and this is all part of the crazy journey after all ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My GPS has been known to get me lost on occasion. I am thankful we are never truly lost. I like the idea of "taking the scenic route" in life Stopped over from the FMF! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. The GPS systems have definitely improved, but they still sometimes fail me. I love the idea of God being our one true GPS though! Thanks for visiting my blog for FMF! I will definitely be visiting here again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you write. You make me laugh, and think, and be grateful. I love visiting from FMF and always look for you! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete