Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Teach Me...

I'd love to be a professional student. In fact, I probably am considered one... I've been in school for as long as I can remember. I actually love to study, like buying school supplies, like reading and writing essays and taking notes. Some classes I don't like as much as others, but I actually enjoy learning new things.

If you read this blog much at all you know that I also like to do Bible studies. Right now I'm reading a couple of books and participating in small group studies; one on I Used to be So Organized, one on Grace for the Good Girl, one on Proverbs 31, and then today I am so excited to start Kelly Minter's Nehemiah, with Beth Moore leading it.. and have I mentioned how excited I am?

Today, Beth posted a series of verses for us to read. Psalm 119:129-135, "Your laws are wonderful. No wonder I obey them! The teaching of your word gives light, so even the simple can understand. I pant with expectation, longing for your commands. Come and show me your mercy, as you do for all who love your name. Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil. Ransom me from the oppression of evil people; then I can obey your commandments. Look upon me with love; teach me your decrees."

These verses are great for a professional student like me! Teach me Your Word... it gives me light, so that the simple can understand. Oh, Lord... I need this! I need something simple, because even sometimes it's hard for me to understand the simple things. Show me your mercy... because I need it. I need all the mercy and grace I can get!!! Look upon me with love... isn't that wonderful? That He looks at us love even when we don't deserve it?

Goes along beautifully with my verse of the week from one of the other studies. "Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long"~Psalm 25:4-5 NIV 1984

Think Someone is trying to tell me something? Lord, open my eyes and ears to You... and teach me your ways. For you are good, and your mercy endures forever. and Your grace is sufficient.

No comments:

Post a Comment