Saturday, June 2, 2012

Rainy Days

It's rained all day.  Been in the mid-60s, and a cool wind was blowing tonight as I was out on the porch.  Hardly weather for the first day of June, but seeing as we finally got the pool opened, I'm not surprised.  Seems like during the summer when I work it always rains on days I'm off and is gorgeous when I'm stuck in the hospital.  That's ok, though, because we all need a little rain.

Today Caleb and I took advantage of the rain and spent the day indoors.  We rented a couple of movies and watched them (Joyful Noise and We Bought a Zoo.  Joyful Noise was ok.  We Bought a Zoo was wonderful... a must see).  We also sat around and read.  Caleb watched TV and drew and I worked on typing labels for Holly's wedding invitations.  We enjoyed dinner with my Mom and Dad and an evening spent talking to Nana Helen and Papaw William.

Yes, the rain is gloomy, but it's good to help you slow down.  While I wouldn't like it everyday, I did enjoy it today. Most of all, I've enjoyed a day spent with my boy.  He's growing up much too fast on me, and one day he won't want to spend time with me.  That's why today I decided to soak it up as much as I could.

Tomorrow my plans are cleaning house and getting started on some Biostatistics homework.  If things were any more exciting I don't know what I'd do with myself... but that's ok.  I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment