Monday, June 11, 2012

1000 Gifts... and More

Last year I read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp.  I've written about it several times since, and am participating in the Joy Dare, Counting 1000 gifts in 2012.  (For more information, visit www.aholyexperience.com).

Gratitude truly is a habit that we cultivate.  I've learned to pause and re-evaluate.  Sure, I still have days when I complain more than I smile.  I still have days when I am negative and am my own raincloud.  I've found, though, that my sunny days far outweigh my gloomy ones, though... and it's because I choose to give thanks.

Giving thanks for a walk in the near-rain, where there is a low mist just damp enough to cool you off, and getting 45 minutes in before it starts raining.  Giving thanks for working with some pretty awesome people, even in the summer.  Giving thanks for a ride in the car with Caleb and laughing at wrong turns and difficulty parking, Caleb laughing so hard he loses his breath.  Giving thanks for stats class almost over and I'm still surviving and the opportunity to take classes.  Giving thanks for fill-ins for nails and Bible studies and Diet Coke. 

It's often the small things that mean so much.  So... what are you thankful for?

Today's challenge was three gifts painted, and I found this one hard.  I cheat sometime in those cases... so today I'm thankful for new fill-ins on my nails (which were painted clear), laughing with Caleb (whose fingers were "painted" with McDonalds apple pie filling), and my car (which has a dirty paint job but still drives good). 

No comments:

Post a Comment