Tuesday, May 15, 2012

What's on My Mind

Don't you just love that on Facebook?  As if we can really always say what is on our mind. Sadly, some people do just that... and once it's out there, you can't take it back.  Tonight is one of those nights when there really isn't anything particular on my mind, but I'm resolved to write each night... so here's what I'm thinking about. 

Summertime!  Today was Caleb's last day of school and I've only got a couple of days left until I'm off for the summer. I'm going to do some advising and I'll be reworking lecture notes since we've changed books, but as far as clocking time every day, nope... I'm ready for sunshine and popscicles and reading by the pool.

Which brings me to my other topic.  My favorite part of the summer is being able to read.  Mindless reading, that doesn't involve a 100 pound textbook.  (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating... or maybe not.)  I've got so many books on my Kindle.  I'm currently finishing The Memory Palace, a memoir by the daughter of a schizophrenic.  I'm also reading Faith Bass Darling's Last Garage Sale, a fun book about a rich woman with Alzheimer's who is convinced that she is going to die the eve of the Millenium, so she sells everything she owns for dirt cheap.  I've started War and Peace... my goal is to read it by the end of the summer.  Holly assures me once I "get into it" I will love it.  I'm still waiting.  And then there's The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo  and the Stephanie Plum series (I've been buying them up at Half-Price books since I just got started on them.  I love them! They are my mindless pleasure in the bathtub.).  I've got so many free books from Amazon that when browsing I sometimes forget I've already downloaded.  Good thing Amazon lets me know at the top of the screen!

Also on my mind... tonight I walked for an hour, about 3.5 miles.  My goal for next week is 5 miles at least three times a week... We'll see.  Night, all, and God bless =)

No comments:

Post a Comment