Friday, April 13, 2012

Titanic Obsession

Tomorrow marks the 100th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic.  I have always been fascinated by the Titanic.  I can remember watching footage of the wreck as a teenager, and of course watched James Cameron's movie numerous times.  Wallace and I were both excited about the movie coming out... it was hyped up with lots of movie trailers for months, and we went as soon as it was out in theatres.  Of course, I cried the whole movie, for Rose and Jack and the love that could never be, but also for all of those souls who were trapped... unimaginable.

Tonight I've sat with Caleb and watched three hours worth of documentaries.  Many of the things that have been said on these documentaries Caleb already knows.  You see, my son has a huge obsession... one of Titanic proportions.  If it's about the Titanic, he knows it.  He's watched youtube films and researched it online.  He's purchased books and read them, and has even written short stories about the Titanic. He knows the time the ship hit the iceberg (you just spelled iceberg wrong, Mom, as he looked over my shoulder and saw I had typed iceburg), he knows the number of survivors, and he can tell you what happened in the third class.  He knows all about the exploration of the site and can describe the Grand Staircase and knows the Captain's name.  He is a wealth of knowledge.

My little man may be a historian.  Then again, he's just as obsessed with the weather, so a meteorologist may be in the making as well. No matter what he decides to be, I know he's going to be good... because God's got him covered.  And God's grace is always sufficient... and His plans are perfect.  And apparently he may be a English teacher, because I just got told "Mom, you're just saying and too much. It's called a comma."  Love this boy next to me... I'm so blessed to be Caleb's Mom =)

No comments:

Post a Comment