Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Organization?

I used to be organized. My books were all in alphabetical order.  My closet was color-coordinated.  I knew where everything was at.  Then, I'm not sure what happened.  I really can't blame it on Caleb.  I really think my problem started in nursing school, and I've never recovered.

Today, I walked in my office at work for a brief 15 minutes and just stood there.  Because I've been working in the evenings, I've worked a lot from the nursing lab and from home (don't like to go to my office in the evenings.  The building is tooooo old... grin).  By not being in my office much, I've  just dumped. Books.  Papers.  Files.  Notes.  CPR Rosters.  Meeting agendas.  You name it, it is probably in my office floor.  Also, I went up for promotion, which meant that my usual notebooks had to be sorted through so that documents could be pulled, and you guessed it, those documents ended up in piles rather than back in the notebooks.  My office looks like there was an explosion. 

I always dread the end of the semester, just because it is so stressful.  So much to get done, grades to get posted, students anxious.  Then looking to the next semester... unit outlines to be redone because of new books, a syllabus and calendar to work up.  The work is never done.  This year, though, I am looking forward to something... I AM going to get organized.  I'm going to toss and shred stuff that can be shred, and properly file everything... so when I come back in the fall and need a paper, I'll know right where it is. 

Or I'll say, "Now where did I put that, and why did I put it there?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment