Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Psalm 27- In the Land of the Living

The Lord is my light and salvation... light illuminating so I can see.  There are bound to be pitfalls and stumbling blocks, but He is there to light the way and pick me up when I fall.  He is my strength, when I am so weak on my own.  Why am I afraid? Who is there to be afraid of?  Is my God not stronger than anyone, anything?

They surround me, my enemies, those who hate me and whom I don't understand, and they are camped all around me.  I have no way out, but Him.  He is my confidence, through Him I will know victory.  My heart won't be afraid. 

I will dwell in His presence, because He dwells in me.  I am His tabernacle, and He is within me, so I will be able to be near Him.  His beauty radiates through me, to light up my way. 

He will hide me, so I don't have to hide myself.  I cannot hide from Him.  He knows where I am in my lowest times and my highest times, and He sets me up high, out of the reach of my enemies and those who wish to hurt me, even when I am unable to climb myself.  Especially when I am unable to climb myself. 

He lifts up my head.  I don't have to look down on myself or be ashamed.  Oh how I praise You, Lord.  Your love is great and because of it I am full of joy.  All praise, honor, and glory are Yours. 

Hear me, Lord.  I need mercy (I don't deserve it, but You give it anyway).  Please answer me... not in an audible voice, but in that still small voice that makes me know You are always there.  I'm seeking You, Lord, and You promised that I would find You.  That I could know You.  You are my help and will never leave me or forsake me, even when others might.  Even if everyone who loves me just stops, Your love is forever. 

Teach me, Lord.  I know that I'm not always willing to learn... but still You try.  Open my eyes and my heart to Your way.  Your way is a perfect way.  A plain path, laid out for me.  It's not an easy path.  It still has gravels and twists and turns but You are there to guide me. 

Deliver me, Lord. 

And here is my favorite part.  David says it best, "I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart, wait, I say, on the Lord."

We know good things come to those who wait.  We know that we have an eternal reward... but the best part is that the goodness of the Lord can be seen now, in the land of the living.  Not just there... but here.  Oh, taste and see... because He is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment