Friday, January 10, 2014

Blind but Now I See

I once was blind, but now I see... I can relate to that statement. I've had glasses all my life, since I was three years old. I grew up going to the doctor's office, learned to read by looking at letters on billboards so I'd be able to identify them during eye exams. I wore a patch my kindergarden year, and learned in 5th grade that my glasses were so thick that you really could kill ants by the reflection. (Thanks to my lovely guy friends, who wanted to try an experiment. It really WAS NOT my idea.) And Caleb got glasses when he was three, too. The change was amazing. He had no idea where his Dad was at in the gym during ballgames. He couldn't see pictures clear enough to color... and then he could. The first thing I do every morning, before I brush my teeth or wash my face or use the restroom, is put on my glasses. And the last thing I do every night is take them off. I was blind. Now I see. When I don't have those glasses on my face, I can't see anything but blurs. I can make out smaller details in very bright lights, but to be able to read, no way. Amazing grace... when we look at life through our filter, we can't see, either. Life is dingy and dark. Shadows overwhelm us. In His grace... we see life through His filter. It's brighter. Clearer. Details are easier to make out. While the path may not always be clear, we can see the general direction. With His Word, we see hope. Otherwise, we see darkness. Was blind... but now I see. Linking up with Lisa-Jo Baker for Five Minute Fridays, where she gives a prompt. Today's prompt was see. Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. all there is to say to that is "Amen!" I, too, remember so clearly the first time I put on my glasses, looked out the window and could see individual bricks... individual trees... Crazy thing about my kind of blind was that I didn't know I was until I could see. I thought everyone saw the world the way I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - and I can definitely relate. I put my glasses on first thing every morning, and take them off last thing every night. I'm so thankful to live in a time when glasses are readily available!

    ReplyDelete