Saturday, October 29, 2011

Blessed

Ever get in a funk? I've been in and out of one all week. The weather has been rainy, the leaves have fallen off most of the trees, and it just looks sad outside. I've not felt well, and this has translated to me being grouchy and nasty and pretty much miserable.
I was complaining today about just how miserable I was and Wallace reminded me, "You have a choice to make. You can either choose to have a good day or choose to have a bad day. It's up to you." Those words have come out of my mouth many times when talking to Caleb, but I needed to hear them today. I'm still not in the best of moods, but I realize that he is absolutely right. I've got too many blessings to stay in a funk for long.
The devil doesn't want us to realize that. If he can keep us down,m then we can't do good. We can't freely accept the grace that God offers us, and if we can't accept grace, we can't extend it. So today, even in my nastiness, I'm choosing... to be blessed.
I'm blessed because I had a good trip to town with Wallace, and even though I sometimes think he pays me no attention, he does. I'm blessed because he loves me even when I don't love myself.
I'm blessed because I have Caleb, who is too smart for all of our good. He infuriates us both on a daily basis, but there's just something about that smile, that twinkle in his eyes, that makes everything all better.
I'm blessed because I took a 4 hour nap today. Sometimes a little rest is just what we need.
I'm blessed because I have tomorrow as a Sabbath day. I'm fortunate enough to be able to attend church and not go in fear.
I'm blessed... because I'm rich. Not necessarily in earthly things, although God is good and provides me with all I need. But I'm rich in family, in love, in grace and mercy. So tonight, as I get ready to lay my head on the pillow, I'm going to remember these things. I'm giving thanks, knowing that tomorrow will be a better day, because His mercy is new every morning. Thank YOu, Lord, for new mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment