Wednesday, March 2, 2016

What Would You Miss?

Tonight I was listening to K-love on the way to pick up Caleb and they asked an interesting question.

"If you were away from your home for an extended period of time, what would you miss most?"

The lead-up to this question was the astronaut who had just landed on earth yesterday, who had been in space for a year. He said after his family, he missed jumping in his swimming pool.

That's an interesting question, really, because we seem to take for granted what is right in front of us.

And it also makes me think of the definition of home.

Is home really the walls of my house? Or is home the people that are with me?

Sometimes I feel like the Coliseum is home. When I go to an Owsley Co. ballgame, I feel like that's my home away from home.

And sometimes, y'all, if I'm honest...

I'm homesick for a place I've never been.

And I have a feeling when I get there, there won't be nothin' here worth missing when compared to what's there....

But, to answer the question, I think if I was away from my home on Twin Cedar for an extended period of time, the thing that I would miss most is my bathtub.

Especially if I was staying in a hotel for an extended period of time, because most hotel bathtubs just aren't up to par.

And there's nothing like a good bubble bath with a good book at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment