Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Tuesday Tidbits, Vol 2, Ed 5

 We've made it to February 1st. The days are starting to get a little longer, and today I even walked outside, in the sunshine, in a pair of capris...

but we're being told that kind of weather isn't going to last long. 

Ice is in the future, and I'm trying not to dwell on it. 

So today, I put one foot in front of the other and looked to the sun. 

Today I sat down and wrote out some mantras for this month. Things like deep breathing, living in the moment, embracing the interruptions...

I struggle with all of those things. 

I can't make myself better, but I can try each day to hold on to the glimpses of improvement. 

February is American Heart Month. One of my goals is to exercise more and try to cut back on my stress eating.

Books I read


This week I finished Prepare Him Room. I really enjoyed this Christmas devotional, mostly because it centered on reading through the book of Luke, so the end of this book centers around the Passover and the Crucifixion and the Resurrection... all things that we don't tend to think about at Christmas but are important to consider. 

I read a total of 16 books in January. Completed Genesis and Job in my Bible reading. Wrote every day in my one line a day journal. Organized some of my books and some of my digital pictures (it's a start). Definitely some room for improvement in February. 

No comments:

Post a Comment